Allows the communication between the WebTV and external applications.
WebTV, ws.webtv, extensions, api, development
This extension allows the communication between external applications (mobile Apps, for example) and the WebTV.
The current version of the API mainly allows getting and listing content from the WebTV (as well as registering and deleting Users). Future versions will also allow content modification and creation.
• Intended for developers.
• Content (Clips1, Channels, News2, Events2, Galleries) operations: Get, list. It is also possible to create/modify Clips4.
• User3 operations: Get, list, create (register), delete, get content access permissions, verify credentials, reassign content ownership, get user statistics and much more.
• Store (PPV) extension5 operations: Manage shopping cart, place/cancel order, pay order and more.
• Return format: JSON/JSONP.
• Allows any number of Credentials.
• Allows controlling the permissions to the WebTV sections (Users, Clips, Channels, etc.) as well as actions (GET, MODIFY, CREATE, DELETE), individually, per credential
• Caching system.
• (Basic) Statistics per Credential.
Check the online documentation for more info.
WS.WebTV 1.8 or higher is required in order to use this extension.
1 In order to operate on certain types of Clip (StreamClip, EmbedClip,...) the corresponding extension is required.
2 In order to operate on News and Events the News & Events extension is required.
3 In order to do certain operations on Users the Advanced User Management extension is required.
4 Since WS.WebTV 2.0.
5 WS.WebTV 2.3+ and Store extension required.