Step-by-step instructions on how to cast videos from WS.WebTV to Chromecast.
support, ws.webtv, chromecast
It is possible to cast videos from WS.WebTV to a Google Chromecast device.
Here you fill find requirements, limitations as well as the standard procedure which is used to playback videos, on Chromecast, from HTML5 based Websites like WS.WebTV.
By the way, what is a Chromecast?
Chromecast is a multimedia streaming device, developed by Google, that plugs into a television's HDMI input and is controled from a Chrome Web browser. It allows to cast videos to any screen (TV, etc.) with HDMI input, from any mobile device (Android or iOS), or desktop PC, using the Chrome Web browser ...hence the name "Chromecast".
Requirements for casting from WS.WebTV:
• The WebTV must be visited from a mobile device using the Chrome Web browser, from Google.
• You must update the Chrome App (Android or iOS) to the latest version (35 or higher).
• The WebTV video qualities must target HTML5 or Flash+HTML5 (Chromecast will only playback from a HTML5 video Website).
• The Chromecast device must be propperly configured and working.
Since the Chromecast will only playback the current video file, keep in mind that the WebTV video player features will be lost (seeking, skipping, video interactivities, continuous channel playlist playback, etc.) while the video is playing back on Chromecast.
1. Visit the WebTV from a mobile device using the Chrome Web browser.
2. Playback the desired video ...the Chromecast icon will appear.
3. Tap the icon: the video will start playing back on the Chromecast.