Creating/Editing Pages (Text/HTML Channels) in WS.WebTV
support, ws.webtv, home, contents, channels, text, create, edit
1. Goto to the Channels page...
2. Once on the Channel list...
(A) To create a Video Channel click on "New Channel..." button and select "Text/HTML (Page)".
(B) To edit an existing Video Channel click the corresponding "pencil" icon.
The creation and edition interfaces are very similar, however, when you are editing a Channel you will see additional tabs, options and information.
3. The Properties Tab...
On the Properties tab is where you enter the basic Channel information:
• Title: Enter a descriptive Channel name, as short as possible. The title will be used on the menus.
• Slug: This is for friendly URLs. You can leave this field blank and the system will generate it automatically when saving.
• SEO Description: This description will be used for SEO and as excerpt when listing the Channel on search result pages.
• Tags/Keywords: Write some representative keywords for your Channel (comma-separated).
• Image: Supply an image (16:9) to use as thumbnail.
Drag and Drop Tip:
If you are using recent versions of Chrome/Safari, Firefox or Opera, you can drag and drop your image file to the image field. • Include in Auto-Menu: Whether to include the Channel in any of the WebTV's auto-menus.
• Template: Select one among the avilable templates for the Channel (if any). WS.WebTV can handle multiple templates for Channels.
4. The "Text/HTML Content" Tab...
On this tab is where you enter the desired information. As you can see, we have included the popular TinyMCE editor that allows you to apply format to your content, easily.
Advanced HTML usage (General):
Always use absolute URLs for images. Example:
<img src="http://www.webtvsolutions.com/images/my_image.jpg" alt=""> Advanced HTML usage (Mobile Interface extension):
1. If you wish the size of an image to be automatically adjusted so it is displayed correctly on the Mobile interface, use the mobileFix class; example:
<img src="http://www.webtvsolutions.com/images/my_image.jpg" alt="" class="mobileFix"> 2. If you wish certain element to be visible on the "Desktop" interface and another on the "Mobile" one, use the mobile and desktop classes. Examples:
<div class="desktop">This DIV will only be visible on the Desktop interface</div>
<div class="mobile">This DIV will only be visible on the Mobile interface</div>
5. Done editing...
Once you are done editing the Channel, click the Save button.
6. Activating a new Channel...
New Channels are inactive by default. In order to activate the Channel, return to the Channel list and click the "gray light bulb" icon (it will turn to yellow when active).