Creating/Editing Pages (Text/HTML) in WS.WebTV
support, ws.webtv, home, contents, channels, pages, text, create, edit
1. Goto to Channels & Pages...
2. Once on Channel & Pages...
(A) To create a Page click on "New..." button and select "Text/HTML (Page)".
(B) To edit an existing Page click the corresponding "pencil" icon.
The creation and edition interfaces are very similar, however, the editing interface contains additional tabs, options and information.
3. The Properties Tab...
On the Properties tab is where you enter the basic Page information:
• Title: Enter a descriptive Page title, as short as possible. The title will be used on the menus.
• Slug: This is for friendly URLs. You can leave this field blank and the system will generate it automatically when saving.
• Tags/Keywords: Write some representative keywords for your Page (comma-separated).
• Image: Supply an image (16:9) to use as thumbnail.
Drag and Drop Tip:
If you are using recent versions of Chrome/Safari, Firefox or Opera, you can drag and drop your image file to the image field. • Menu Inclusion: Select the menu(s) where this Page can be included.
• Template: Select one among the avilable templates for the Page (if any). WS.WebTV can handle multiple templates for Pages.
4. The "Text/HTML Content" Tab...
On this tab is where you enter the desired information. As you can see, we have included the popular TinyMCE editor that allows you to apply format to your content, easily.
• Abstract/SEO Description: This description will be used for SEO and as excerpt when listing the Page on search result pages.
Advanced HTML usage (General):
Always use absolute URLs for images. Example:
<img src="http://www.webtvsolutions.com/images/my_image.jpg" alt=""> Advanced HTML usage (Mobile Interface extension):
1. If you wish the size of an image to be automatically adjusted so it is displayed correctly on the Mobile interface, use the mobileFix class; example:
<img src="http://www.webtvsolutions.com/images/my_image.jpg" alt="" class="mobileFix"> 2. If you wish certain element to be visible on the "Desktop" interface and another on the "Mobile" one, use the mobile and desktop classes. Examples:
<div class="desktop">This DIV will only be visible on the Desktop interface</div>
<div class="mobile">This DIV will only be visible on the Mobile interface</div>
5. Done editing...
Once you are done editing the Page, click the Save button.
6. Activating a new Page...
New Pages are inactive by default. In order to activate the Page, return to the Channels & Pages list and click the "gray light bulb" icon (it will turn to yellow when active).