Creating an EmbedClip from an URL (Automatically) - Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion
support, ws.webtv, home, contents, clips, embedclip, embed, create, from, url
An EmbedClip is a special type of Clip that, instead of linking to video files, it stores an embed code.
Easy/Automatic Creation Mode: This mode is intended for YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion videos. It allows you to create an EmbedClip without having to enter any embed code; you will only need to supply the video URL and the WebTV will do the rest for you.
NOTE: You will be able to edit the Clip, or embed codes, once it has been created. For more info, check the other EmbedClip tutorials.
In order to create an EmbedClip from a YouTube URL, it is required that you generate a Google API Key and enter the corresponding key into the WebTV Configuration > General section:
How to get your Google API Key? Read the tutorial.
*** IMPORTANT: YouTube Flash API deprecation notice ***
A note regarding Interactivitites: According to the Google/YouTube terms and conditions, you must not overlay elements in front of the YouTube video player; in this regard, you shall not use Interactivities with YouTube direct playback EmbedClips.
By this time, you should be familiar on how to create and edit a Clip. If this is not the case, please check the "Clips: Create/Edit" tutorial before continue reading.
To create an EmbedClip (from URL)...
Click on "New Clip..." button and select "EmbedClip (from URL)".
Enter the URL of the video (from YouTube, Vimeo or Dailymotion).
In case the URL is from YouTube, the following options will be displayed (only applies to the Flash video player).
• Use WebTV Video Player: If you select Yes (recommended), the YouTube video will be played back with the WebTV video player (only on HTML5); otherwise, the YouTube video player will be embedded instead.
• Quality Mapping: This section will only be visible if the previous option is set to Yes. Select how do you want to map the YouTube qualities to the WebTV one.
The WebTV will fetch the title, description, image and duration from the corresponding Website and will also apply the appropriate embed code.
NOTE: If you click Save[+], the system will allow you to enter another URL after finishing the process.
- Interactivities / PlayerLogo: These features will only work when using direct YouTube Playback; however, according to the Google/YouTube terms and conditions, you must not overlay elements in front of the YouTube video player; therefore you shall not use Interactivities/PlayerLogo with YouTube direct playback EmbedClips.
- Playlists: When using EmbedClips into a Channel's playlist, it will interrupt the continuous playback of the playlist where they are included; this is because of the video player replacement, however, skip back/forward buttons will appear in order to continue with the Channel's playlist playback.
- The use of embed codes from third party Websites is subject to the terms and conditions of those Webites. Additionally, it is possible that you won't be able to embed/import videos configured as private/restricted/protected on the third party Websites (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.).
- "Direct YouTube playback" is only supported on HTML5 through the YouTube Iframe API. Note regarding playlists on HTML5: On desktop PCs, YouTube videos will play continuously; however, on mobile devices a user interaction is required in order to continue the playback. This is a limitation imposed by mobile browsers not by WS.WebTV. "Direct YouTube playback" functionality is subject to the terms (and will...) of YouTube. WebTV Solutions is not related in any way with YouTube and does not guarantee this functionality.