Adding subtitles to videos in WS.WebTV.
support, ws.webtv, home, contents, clips, video, subtitles
In order to use subtitles in WS.WebTV you require version 1.7 or higher, as well as the ClipInteractivity+ extension. Additionally, you must upload subtitle files in any of the following formats:
• SubRip: (.srt)* This is the most widely used format.
• WebVTT: (.vtt)*.
*Please note that only the basic version of the format is supported, without style information (markup).
How to create/edit subtitle files?
You can use any of the following tools to create compatible subtitle files:
» HTML5 Video Caption Maker - http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Graphics/CaptionMaker/ (WebVTT)
» Subtitle Horse - http://subtitle-horse.com/
» Subtitle Workshop - http://subworkshop.sourceforge.net/ (SubRip)
» Subtitle Edit (Windows only) - http://nikse.dk/SubtitleEdit (SubRip + WebVTT)
» Aegisub (Mac/Windows) - http://www.aegisub.org/ (SubRip)
NOTE: Subtitles won't work with EmbedClips. The only exception to this is when YouTube videos are played back through the native WebTV video player.
It is very easy to add subtitles to a Clip.
1. Go to to the Clips page, edit the desired Clip and open the Subtitles tab...
2. Click "Add Track": The new track options will appear below.
3. Select the language of the subtitles.
4. Enter a label (the system will populate the field automatically; however, you can freely change it)
5. Select the file (remember: .srt or .vtt)
NOTE: If you are using a file which contains texts with special characters (characters not present in the English alphabet) and those characters are not displayed properly in the WebTV, make sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding.
6. Repeat from step 2 if you need to add more tracks.
7. Done...Once you are done Save the Clip.
Adjusting subtitles appearance:
It is possible to modify the subtitles appearance by using certain video player parameters. For more information read the tutorial: Video Player: Parameters
Click the subtitle button next to the video duration...