General WS.WebTV Configuration
support, ws.webtv, home, configuration, general
Part of this information will be used to optimize the WebTV in order to facilitate the search engine indexing (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.).
• WebTV Title: Enter a representative title for your WebTV.
• SEO Description: Enter a brief description about your WebTV (the kind of videos the users will find when visiting the WebTV).
• Tags/Keywords: Write some representative keywords for your WebTV.
• Development mode: When the WebTV is in "Development mode" it will ask for Username/Password in order to access any content. Please note that only Webmasters and Administrator will be allowed to access. Additionally, "noindex" meta tags will be added to the page, to prevent search engine indexing.
• Diagnostics: Click this button to open the diagnostics tools (the same diagnostics tool used during WebTV installation).
Here you can tell the WebTV what to use as the home page (since WS.WebTV 220.127.116.11).
• Home page type:
» Channel: You will be able to select Auto or a specific Channel (video, text or portal) as home page.
» Other Home Page: You will be able to select "Videos", "Categories" or "News" (if the News extension is present).
There are several options in this section.
Starting with the footer of the WebTV. Here you can enter either text or HTML. This footer will be used in all pages of the WebTV.
Link your social profiles from your WebTV.
Here you can supply the URL of your social network profiles. The corresponding buttons will be displayed at the top of the WebTV.
For including a button with a link of your choice, in the WebTV menus (top and/or footer).
• Top banner (468x60): This banner will appear at the right of the WebTV logo.
• Player banner (variable size): This banner will appear just bellow the video player.
• Sidebar banner (300x250): This banner will appear in the sidebar (at the right). If you need to include additional banners into the sidebar, use Widgets.
• Mobile banner (320x50): This banner will appear in the mobile interface ("Mobile Interface" required), above the "browse videos" panel.
Sample banner HTML code:
If you just want to display a clickable imagen for a banner space, and don't have HTML knowledge, here is a sample code:
<a href="http://www.link_to_website.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" >
<img src="http://www.domain.com/image_file_name.jpg" style="border:none" />
</a> Replace "http://www.link_to_website.com" with the link to the Website you want to open when someone clicks the image (MUST start with http://)
Replace "http://www.domain.com/image_file_name.jpg" with the image URL (MUST be an absolute URL, starting with http://). Images can be .jpg, .gif or .png.
There are two fields in this section:
• <head> section: HTML code entered here will be inserted into the <head> section of the WebTV page. This is useful for Webmaster validation, adding styles, scripts, etc.
• </body> section: HTML code entered here will be inserted just before the </body> closing tag of the WebTV page. This is useful for including scripts, statistics tools (like Google Analytics), etc.
NOTE: For more information regarding Google Analytics and WS.WebTV integration, click here.
Whether to generate "Organization" Structured Data (to allow the inclusion of your organization name, logo and social profiles in Google search results). More info.
• Name: Organization name. Leave the field blank if you want to use the WebTV title.
• URL: Official Organization Website. Leave the field blank if you want to use the WebTV URL.
NOTE: For the Logo, the WebTV will use the Logo or Social Image. For the social profiles, the WebTV will use the ones provided in the Social Networks section.
Rich Snippets: Clips
When enabled, the WebTV will generate the schema.org/VideoObject markup for Clips. More info.
Rich Snippets: News
(News & Events extension required) When enabled, the WebTV will generate the schema.org/Article markup for News. More info.
Rich Snippets: Events
(News & Events extension required) When enabled, the WebTV will generate the schema.org/Event markup for Events. More info.
In this section you will be able to configure the integration with the Facebook Comments system.
• Enable Comments: To show/hide comments, globally.
• Facebook, Disqus options: Select the commenting system you want to use.
[ Facebook ]
• Facebook Account ID: Enter the ID of the Facebook account(s) that will be able to moderate the comments. If you are entering more than one, separete IDs by commas.
• Facebook App ID (optional): If you have a Facebook application from where you want to moderate the WebTV comments, enter the App ID in this variable. This will allow you to moderate the comments, more easily, from the centralized Facebook Moderation Tool ( http://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments ).
[ Disqus ]
• Disqus "Shortname": In order to associate the WebTV pages, with the Disqus comment system, enter your "shortname" (Disqus unique URL) here.
Configure the regional settings of the WebTV