Getting the Vimeo API Info
support, ws.webtv, home, configuration, general, vimeo, api, info
In order for the WebTV to be able to get certain information from the Vimeo videos (Ex. categories associated with a video), it is necessary to provide the API information from that Site.
Vimeo terms and conditions
Vimeo API License Agreement:
Vimeo Terms of Service:
1A. If you are already registered at Vimeo, login here: https://vimeo.com/log_in
1B. If you are not registered at Vimeo, do it here: https://vimeo.com/join and verify your account.
2. Visit the "My Apps" section of their "developer()" Site; the URL is: https://developer.vimeo.com/apps
3. Click the "+ Create App" button:
4. Enter the necessary info (Name, Description, URL of your WebTV and accept the terms) then click "Create app" button.
5. In the next screen you'll see an overview of the App you have just created... Click the "Authentication" tab, at the top:
6. In the "Authentication" tab you'll find two necessary pieces of information: "Client Identifier" and "Client Secrets"; however, you also need a third one: an "Access Token". In order to generate it, click the "Generate Token" button at the bottom:
7. Make sure to copy the content of the field "Your new Access Token":
8. OK, now you have the three necessary pieces of information... Enter then into the corresponding WebTV section: Configuration > General > External APIs