Getting the Vimeo API Info
support, ws.webtv, home, configuration, general, vimeo, api, info
In order for the WebTV to be able to get certain information from the Vimeo videos (Ex. categories associated with a video), it is necessary to provide the API information from that Site.
Vimeo terms and conditions
Vimeo API License Agreement:
Vimeo Terms of Service:
1A. If you are already registered at Vimeo, login here: https://vimeo.com/log_in
1B. If you are not registered at Vimeo, do it here: https://vimeo.com/join and verify your account.
2. Visit the "My Apps" section of their "developer()" Site; the URL is: https://developer.vimeo.com/apps
3. Click the "+ Create App" button:
4. Enter the necessary info (Name, Description ... and accept the terms) then click "Create app" button.
5. In the next screen you'll see an overview of the App and the "Client identifier" (you'll need this) ... Now, click "Authentication", in the left menu:
6. In the "Authentication" section you'll find the "Client Identifier" (you'll need this); however, you also have to generate an "Access Token". In order to generate it do the following
- Click "Authenticated (You)".
- Select the "scopes": Public, Private and, optionally, Video Files (this last just in case of Vimeo Pro accounts and if you want to have the option of linking directly the video files - WS.WebTV v3.1 pf3 + - and not only embedding videos).
- Finally, click the "Generate" button.
7. Make sure to copy the generated "Token" (you'll need this):
8. OK, now that you have the three necessary pieces of information (Client identifier, Access Token and Client secrets) ... enter then into the corresponding WebTV section: Configuration > General > External APIs