Managing Widgets in WS.WebTV
support, ws.webtv, home, configuration, widgets
Widgets are like "mini programs" that perform specific functions (list Clips, Channels, Tags, insert HTML code, etc.) and display the result in a zone of the WebTV. By default, the WebTV has two Widget zones in the sidebar; however, it is possible to add additional zones, if required.
Widgets can me managed from the "Widgets" tabs, in the WebTV Configuration section:
Creating a Widget:
To create a Widget, click the "New Widget..." button and select one from the drop-down menu. A new, empty, entry will be added at the end of the list, corresponding to the selected Widget.
• HTML: To insert arbitrary HTML code. Useful, for example, for adding additional bannes, Facebook/Twitter Widgets, etc
• Tag Cloud: Diplay a list of "kewords" gathered from the Clip Tags. You can specify the amount.
• Channel List: Lists Channels/Pages. You can specify the type, amount and ordering.
• Clip List: Lists Clips (videos). You can specify the type, amount and ordering.
• Category List: Lists Categories. You can specify the maximum depth (to list only main Categories or more levels of sub-Categories).
• News/Event List: (Only if News & Events extension is present).
• Product List (Store): (Only if Store extension is present).
Common Widgets Information:
Although each Widget perfoms different functions, and has specific adjustments, the following information is common to all of them:
• Title: The Widget title that will be displayed at the top of it.
• Container (CSS) Class: This field is optional, for Web designers.
• Widget Zone: Select the zone where the Widget will be inserted:
» "sidebar": This is the sidebar, common to all pages.
» "sidebar_dual": This is a secondary zone, located in the sidebar (above the previous zone) on all pages, except Clip and Channel ones.
NOTE: If you want to add additional Widget zones, take a look at the following tutorial: Adding Widget Zones
(A) To position a Widget, drag it on the dotted zone.
(B) To activate/deactivate a Widget, click the light bulb icon.
(C) To edit a Widget, click the (blue) title. The information will slide down.
(D) To delete a Widget click the X.
NOTE: In every case, changes will not be saved until you click Save.