Creating an Image Gallery (Galleries extension) in WS.WebTV
support, ws.webtv, contents, galleries, images
1. Go to the Galleries page...
2. Once on the Gallery list...
(A) To create a new Gallery click on "New Gallery" button.
(B) To edit an existing Gallery click the corresponding "pencil" icon.
The creation and edition interfaces are very similar, however, when you are editing a Gallery you will see additional options.
3. Properties Tab...
• Title: Enter the Gallery title.
• Slug: This is for friendly URLs. You can leave this field blank and the system will generate it automatically when saving.
• SEO Description: This description will be used for SEO and as excerpt when listing the Gallery on search result pages, etc.
• Tags/Keywords: Write some representative keywords (comma-separated).
• Image: Supply an image (4:3 preferable) to use as main image.
Drag and Drop Tip:
If you are using recent versions of Chrome/Safari, Firefox or Opera, you can drag and drop your image file to the image field. • Allow Comments: To enable/disable comments for the Gallery.
• Socialize: To enable/disable the social sharing options for this Gallery.
• Date/Time: The date/time of the Gallery.
4. The "Text/HTML Content" Tab...
On this tab is where you enter the desired information. As you can see, we have included the popular TinyMCE editor that allows you to apply format to your content, easily.
5. The "Images" Tab...
On this tab is where you add images to the Gallery. To add images:
5.1 Single image upload:
5.1.1. Click "New Image": A new empty entry will be added to the list.
5.1.2. Enter a Title and the image file (.jpg, .gif, .png). The description is optional.
5.1.3. Images will not be uploaded until you save the Gallery.
5.1.4. Repeat steps 5.1.1-5.1.3 as required. NOTE: The server may limit the number of simultaneous uploads (you will receive a warning if the limit is reached).
5.2 Uploading multiple images at once
5.2.1. Click "Upload Multiple Images": An upload box will appear.
5.2.2. Click Browse to select the images (or - on modern Web browsers- drag multiple images into the box). NOTE: The server may limit the number of simultaneous uploads (you will receive a warning if the limit is reached).
5.2.3. A preview of the selected images will be displayed.
6. The "Categories" Tab...
On this tab you can associate the Gallery with one or several Categories (optional).
7. Done editing...
Once you are done editing the Gallery, click the Save button.
8. Activating a new Gallery...
New Galleries are inactive by default. In order to activate a Gallery, return to the Gallery list and click the "gray light bulb" icon (it will turn to yellow when active).
The extension includes a Widget to display a list of Galleries.
To create a Galleries Widget:
1. Go to Configuration > Widgets
2. Click on "New Widget..." button and select "Gallery List". A new empty entry will be added to the list.
3. Enter the Title, CSS class (optional), Number of Galleries for the list, as well as the Ordering.