Performance Tuning Tips for WS.WebTV
support, ws.webtv, home, installation, performance, tuning, tips
WS.WebTV has a caching system for pages, feeds, playlists, widgets, User content access permisions, etc. When pages are served from the cache, there is a huge reduction in processing time, database queries, etc., this transalates in a very fast page download and lower load for your server.
When your WebTV is ready to go online and frequent changes to the content are unlikely to happen; we recommend you to increase the cache "life" values.
NOTE: Please, note that when content changes, you will continue seeing the previous state until the corresponding cache is updated. For example, Clip views counters, as well as other dynamic info, will remain the same until the cache files are updated.
In order to modify the cache "life" values, go to Configuration > Settings > Caching.
Below you will find some sample values (in seconds) for production WebTVs:
• Page cache life: 300 (5min)
• Playlist cache life: 30
• RSSs cache life: 3600 (1hr)
• Sitemaps cache life: 3600 (1hr)
• Widgets cache life: 600 (10min)
• Menu cache life: 86400 (1day) - setting available from v184.108.40.206
In order to modify the content view restriction cache for Users, go to Configuration > Settings > Users / Time to refresh CVR* (secs.).
• The lower the value: the faster the system will update the content view restriction table (better precision for permission grant/expiration at the expense of additional database queries and processing time).
• The higher the value: the longer the system will take to update the content view restriction table (better performance at the expense of lower precision for permission grant/expiration).
No problems reported so far.
We have not received any report regarding this Apache mod to cause any issue with WS.WebTV.