Paying and Processing Orders, Manually - Store extension
support, ws.webtv, home, store, order, manual, payment, workflow
There are some cases where you need to (manually) set an Order as "paid", and process it, for example:
• When an User selected Bank as payment method.
• When an User cancelled the payment process (on the payment gateway) and you received the payment through other method.
• When an User paid through a payment gateway (like PayPal) but the payment gateway was not able to redirect it back to the WebTV because of connectivity problems.
Go to Store > Orders
Look for the desired "current" Order and edit it (click the corresponding pencil icon).
Before processing an Order, you must pay it; this means that the "Total Payment Due" must be 0. If the "Total Payment Due" is not 0, then you need to add a payment trasaction for the corresponding amount. Normally, the payment transaction correspond to the actual payment you received from the User; for example, when the User paid through your bank account and you were able to verify that payment.
To add a payment transaction, on the Order edit page, go to the Transactions tab, then:
1. Click the "New Payment Transaction" button.
2. A new row will appear in the transaction list. Supply the required information:
• Description: A brief description for your reference.
• Payment method: Select the payment method used on the transaction; for example, Bank.
• Amount: This will, normally, match the "Total Payment Due" amount; however, you can have several transactions that add up until the "Total Payment Due" equals 0.
NOTE: Transactions with amount = 0 will be discarded.
3. After adding the transactions Save the Order.
Once the Order was saved, if the transaction amounts added up to match the "Total Payment Due", then the value should be equal to 0, and the "Total Paid" should reflect the total of the payment transactions.
Now that the "Total Payment Due" is 0, you can process the Order by clicking the green "Process Order" button.:
After the Order was processed:
• Its status changed to "Processed".
• The payment status changed to "Paid".
• If the User purchased a content access pass, the access was granted.
• If the User recharged its credit, the corresponding amount was added to its current credit balance.