A complete User Management System for WS.WebTV: Content privacy and user registration.
WebTV, ws.webtv, extensions, advanced, user, management, solution, CMS, VMS, streaming, HTML5, mobile, video, on, demand, iptv
A complete User Management System and content access restriction for WS.WebTV + E-Mailing system.
• Content access restriction: Set Channel and Clip content view permission (privacy) based on access levels or direct User assignment.
• Allow FrontEnd User registration with E-Mail verification, password recovery system and GDPR-specific features (more info about GDPR features, below).
• Create Users with different access levels and privilege sets 4. Among the 5 available access levels (Webmaster, Admin, Author, Contributor, Subscriber), the first four can be customized through a flxible privilege set system. The privilege sets allows controlling what sections of the Content Administrator can be accessed by each User. It is possible to create any number of privilege sets. Furthermore, with the Store extension, it is possible to sell "Author" and "Contributor" privilege sets as "memberships".
• User-created content: Allow non-Admin Users to create/post/upload content according to the limits imposed by the assigned privilege set:
- "Author" Users with possibility of creating content, with auto-approval.
- "Contributor" Users with possibility of creating content, with Admin moderation prior to publication.
• User (public profile) pages: with avatar, "about" info, slider, social network links, overview of last published content, etc..
• Possibility to reassign the content ownership.
• Save additional, personal, information about Users.
• Know your registered users' activity:
- Get (per user and per content) statistics including: video heatmaps, total playback time, playbacks, channel visits, etc.
- Possibility to register the last viewed content per User2 (for example, in order to know what content is being viewed -currently- by an User).
Statistics and video heatmap per User
• Features that will allow you to comply with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), applicable from May 25/2018:
- Personal user data encryption 5: Possibility to enable the encryption of personal user data (E-Mail, name, surname, address, telephone, IP...).
- Possibility, for the Users, to download a file, in JSON format, with all the personal information, created (textual) content, etc.
• Improved security features1: Receive E-Mail notifications when an IP gets bloqued + Possibility to log of all failed login attempts (including the IP, Time, tried Login/Password and User Agent + CSV export functionality).
• Login IP address locking: to prevent users sharing their access credentials. The locking can be set by registration IP or by last recorded IP (it can also be disabled). This feature complements the session concurrency check of the WebTV, which prevents that multiple users can be logged in, at the same time, using the same credentials.
• Configure the system to send several types of E-Mail notifications when non-Admin users perform different actions: New User registrations, User data edit, User account delete, User content creation, User content edit, etc.
E-Mailing system 3
Send newsletters to the users registered in the WebTV. Additionally, you can configure the system to generate and send (automatically) periodic newsletters with an overview of the latest content published in the WebTV.
Comparison (visual guide): Advanced vs Basic User Management
1 Since WS.WebTV Professional 1.8.5.
2 Since WS.WebTV Professional 1.9.
3 Since WS.WebTV Professional 2.0.
4 Privilege sets are avalable since WS.WebTV Professional 2.2.
5 Since WS.WebTV Professional 2.4 + PHP 5.4 or higher + PHP OpenSSL.
6 Since WS.WebTV Professional 3.0.1.