A complete User Management System for WS.WebTV: Content privacy and user registration.
WebTV, ws.webtv, extensions, advanced, user, management, solution, CMS, VMS, streaming, HTML5, mobile, video, on, demand, iptv
A complete User Management System for WS.WebTV + E-Mailing system.
• Control content privacy: Set Channel and Clip content view permission (privacy) based on access levels or direct User assignment.
• Allow FrontEnd User registration with E-Mail verification and password recovery system.
• (New) Login IP address locking: to prevent users sharing their access credentials. The locking can be set by registration IP or by last recorded IP (it can also be disabled). This feature complements the session concurrency check of the WebTV, which prevents that multiple users can be logged in, at the same time, using the same credentials.
• Create Users with different access levels and privilege sets 4. Among the 5 available access levels (Webmaster, Admin, Author, Contributor, Subscriber), the first four can be customized through a flxible privilege set system. The privilege sets allows controlling what sections of the Content Administrator can be accessed by each User. It is possible to create any number of privilege sets. Furthermore, with the Store extension, it is possible to sell "Author" and "Contributor" privilege sets as "memberships".
• Authors can create content (Channels and Clips) with auto-approval.
• Contributors can create content (Channels and Clips) but require moderation.
• Set content creation limits for Authors and Contributors.
• Reassign Content Ownership.
• Save additional, personal, information about Users.
• Users can have a basic external profile page with an avatar, "About" info, links to social network profiles, etc.
• Configure the system to send several types of E-Mail notifications when non-Admin users perform different actions: New User registrations, User data edit, User account delete, User content creation, User content edit, etc.
• Know your registered users' activity (statistics) including: video heatmaps, total playback time, playbacks, channel visits, etc.
Statistics and video heatmap per User
• Improved security features1: Receive E-Mail notifications when an IP gets bloqued + Possibility to log of all failed login attempts (including the IP, Time, tried Login/Password and User Agent + CSV export functionality).
• Possibility to register the last viewed content per User2 (for example, in order to know what content is being viewed -currently- by an User).
(New) E-Mailing system 3
Send newsletters to the users registered in the WebTV. Additionally, you can configure the system to generate and send (automatically) periodic newsletters with an overview of the latest content published in the WebTV.
Comparison (visual guide): Advanced vs Basic User Management
1 Since WS.WebTV Professional 1.8.5.
2 Since WS.WebTV Professional 1.9
3 Since WS.WebTV Professional 2.0
4 Privilege sets are avalable since WS.WebTV Professional 2.2