Overlay banners (VAST and images) and add subtitles to videos
WebTV, ws.webtv, extensions, interactivity, subtitles, vast
Add subtitles and overlay banners over videos.
Enhances the Interactivity feature of WS.WebTV Professional by adding two functionalities:
1) Allows you to overlay banners1 (VAST2 and clickable GIF, JPG, PNG images) during video playback.
- The banners can be configured to appear at a specific time of a video, or at a specified time interval, and to have the desired duration.
- In the same video, you can use/mix your own banners and VAST Ads.
- The possibility to create Global Interactivities2 is great to add banner overlays, automatically, to all WebTV videos which do not have Interactivities.
2) Allows you to add subtitles2 to your videos1
Example (Banner overlay)
Click the subtitle button next to the video duration...
• This extension is not available for WS.WebTV Free
• According to the Google/YouTube terms and conditions, you should not overlay elements in front of the YouTube video player; in this regard, you shall not use Interactivities with EmbedClips.
1 This extension won't work on iPhone, Chromecast or while playing back a RTSP live stream on Android/BlackBerry or, in general, when the WS.WebTV video player is not used for video playback. Additionally, subtitles should not be used with live videos because the time code is variable. Also, keep in mind that this extension won't work with EmbedClips, when the native WS.WebTV player has been replaced by a third party one.
2 VAST and Global Interactivities support require WS.WebTV Professional 1.8.5+. Subtitles support requires WS.WebTV 1.7+.